Adulthood Resignation

RESIGNATION

I am hereby officially tendering
my resignation as an adult. I have
decided I would like to accept the
responsibilities of an 8 year-old
again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think
that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud
puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than
money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and
play doctors and nurses with my friends on
a hot
summer day.

I want to return to a time when life was
simple; When all I knew were colors,
multiplication tables, and nursery
rhymes,
and it didn't bother me,
because I didn't know what I didn't know and

I didn't care.

All I knew was to be happy because I was blissfully unaware of all the things that should make me worry or upset.

I want to think the world is fair.
That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is
possible. I want to be oblivious
to the complexities of life and be
overly excited by the little things

again.

I want to live simple again. I
don't want my day to consist of
computer crashes, mountains of paperwork,
depressing news, how to survive more days
in the month than there is money in the
bank, gossip, illness,
and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of
smiles,
hugs, a kind word, truth,
justice, peace, dreams, the imagination,
mankind, and making angels
in the snow.

So . . . here's my cheque book
and my car keys, my credit card bills
and my mobile phone . I am officially
resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this
further, you'll have to catch me
first, cause...
......"Tag! You're it."

Pass this to someone and brighten
their day by helping them remember
the Simple
things in Life.

Hope You'll join me!

No comments:

Want to share what you have?

Want to share your collection of funny jokes, stories, pictures and/or videos? Send it here

Disclaimer: All materials posted are from forwarded emails or postings from public forums.



free counters